Thursday, May 23, 2013

Not Chicken Alfredo

I have entirely too many irons in the fire!! I started to make chicken alfredo for dinner and realized we didn't have any alfredo sauce. A quick look in the fridge told me we didn't have what was necessary for homemade alfredo sauce either. Well crud!!
The chicken was already thawed and on the griddle. The water was already boiling. What to do, what to do.....
Hubby is looking at me like my head is gonna fall off :) "You started this and didn't make sure we had alfredo sauce???" he asked in complete disbelief. He is the true chef in our house. I just cook food to make us not be hungry. He makes it really yummy. What we did have plenty of was spaghetti sauce. So, I put the linguine noodles away and got out the thin spaghetti noodles. It turned out quite well for an oops.

The chicken was thawed and dipped in olive oil with italian seasoning and garlic then placed on the griddle over a low/medium heat. It was very succulent and flavorful. We just plated the noodles, added some warmed spaghetti sauce and placed the chicken on top. We garnished the plate with cheesy garlic bread. Our 8 year old said the chicken was her favorite. I have a feeling we will be repeating this dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment