Friday, May 17, 2013

Hobo Dinner 2nd Attempt

Sooo...... I wasn't completely satisfied with my first at home attempt at the hobo dinner. We tried it again last night. These are so fun to make because there is no set recipe. I expect someone out there could mess this up, but they are super easy and flexible. I also took more pics of the process. Preheat oven to 350-400 degrees. Lay out your foil and butter the center.

Then place your hamburger in the middle and season it.
This time I used Lawry's, sea salt and pepper.

I like onion flavoring, so they went on next.
Then pile on your veggies. This time I added some butter too. This variety is not nearly as health conscience as the 1st variety was. I seasoned the veggies with the sea salt and pepper (next time I think I will season a bit more heavily).

Now you pull your long edges up and start rolling them down together. Do this until it is touching, but not pulled tight (it will tear). Then fold your sides in to make a nice little bundle.
It is now ready to go in the oven for about 40 minutes. I am going to suggest putting a cookie sheet or something under them as they do drip sometimes. When the time is up, pull one out and CAREFULLY open it up. The steam is crazy hot!! Check your meat to be sure it is cooked thoroughly. Then enjoy!

The added butter did wonderful things to the potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment